So these ultimate turkey burgers have the added flavors of fresh vegetables sautéed in olive oil, which give the burger a very delicious taste.
Bold ingredients are needed due to the mild nature of turkey and it is not required, but if you prepare and refrigerate these a few hours in advance, the flavors will be even better.
The ingredient list below is only for the burger patties, so if you plan to assemble traditional burgers, add the additional ingredients to your list.
Turkey Burger Recipe (2-3 patties)
1 lb ground turkey 90/10
½ large poblano pepper, sliced
½ large red bell pepper, sliced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
½ small shallot, chopped
4-6 white button mushrooms, chopped
½ tsp Season-All
¼ tsp black pepper
½ tsp smoked paprika powder
2 tbsp olive oil (separated)
¼ Cayenne pepper powder (optional)
How to Prepare It
- Place the ground turkey in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the powdered spices to the ground turkey, mix and set aside.
- Heat 1 ½ tbsp. olive oil in a 10” frying pan on medium heat.
- Lower heat to medium-low, add chopped shallot and peppers, and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and shallot and cook 2 minute
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Turn off the heat.
- Transfer all of the cooked vegetables to a cutting board; chop all into smaller pieces and add to the ground turkey.
- Form burger patties
- Refrigerate if not cooking immediately.
- Return pan to medium heat and add ½ tbsp. of olive
- Place the burger patties in the pan and cook 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink in the center.
- Enjoy the patty with your favorite sides, or assemble burgers with your favorite toppings.
Other Burger Variations
Substitute or add a variety of ingredients to create your own turkey burger options. I have made Asian inspired burgers with the vegetable, plus soy sauce and fresh ginger, and I have also tried a Thai version with added spicy Thai curry sauce.
The only thing for you to figure out is, when will you make your next batch of ultimate turkey burgers!
Do you ever plan to have left overs?
Because these turkey burgers are so delicious, you can make extra patties for easy week day meals.
If you do not want to repeat a burger meal you can prepare meatballs, or you can use leftover cooked or raw patties to make a yummy meat sauce.
Combined with a quality store bought or homemade pasta sauce you can create a fast and delicious pasta dinner with planned leftovers of this recipe and it will be just as great as the ultimate turkey burgers.
Check out other dinner recipes with great cooking tips here, and if you are a wine guy or gal, check out this article on potential good burger and wine pairings. I consider this to be a reference for help
ful suggestions on how to select the best wines for burgers, as the actual wine brands may or may not be easily accessible.
Share this recipe with friends and submit a comment below. It would great to hear from you.